- High speed picture search
- Built-in time base corrector
- Built-in time code reader
- High audio quality
- Longer playback time
- RS-422A serial interface (9-pin)
- Following outputs: Y/R-Y/B-Y, composite video, U-matic DUB signal, S-video
- TBC remote control
- Character display
search can be made at various speeds over a range of up to 24 times
normal speed in forward and reverse by using the search dial mode
incorporated on the unit. A recognizable color picture can be obtained
at up to 10 times (24 times in monochrome) normal speed in forward and
reverse. In the jog mode, tape movement accurately follows the rotation
of the search dial in both directions.
- Provided for versatile editing system expansion and flexible system control.
format uses component recording, for which the chrominance signals
(R-Y, B-Y) are time compressed and recorded on one track, using the CTDM
(Compressed Time Division Multiplex) system originally developed by
Sony, while the luminance signal is recorded on a separate track.
to the tape speed of the format and the adoption of the proven Dolby
C-type NR, the PVW2600 offers high quality audio with a wide dynamic
range even at high frequencies, minimum distortion and excellent S/N
- Both L-size and S-size cassettes are accepted, giving playback times of over 90 minutes and over 30 minutes respectively.
superior quality output video is obtained directly from the PVW2600,
with no additional time base correction required. Advanced, high quality
digital dropout compensation also ensures consistent picture
- The reading capability of both VITC and LTC to the SMPTE format, together with user bits, is standard.
built-in character generator is provided, allowing characters to be
superimposed on either the signal from Video Output 3 or the Monitor
Output. It displays either time code reader data or CTL timer data. VTR
function status, including shuttle tape speed, can also be displayed by
accessing the setup menu. Furthermore, error number and status can be
automatically displayed when the error is detected. Character display is
On/Off switchable from the subcontrol panel. When the unit is operated
under the setup menu mode, the initial setup menu is automatically
displayed from the character generator.
- Operating temperature: 5C to 40C (41F to 104F)
- Humidity: Less than 80% relative humidity
- Luminance (50% modulation): Metal Particle Tape:30Hz to 4.5mhz(+0.5/-4.0)dBOxide Tape:30Hz to 4.0mhz(+0.5/-6.0)dB
- K-factor (2T pulse): Metal Particle Tape:Less than 2%Oxide Tape:Less than 3%
- VIDEO OUT 1 (BNC): Composite video, 1.0Vp-p, 75, sync negative
- VIDEO OUT 2 (BNC): Composite video, 1.0Vp-p, 75, sync negative
- VIDEO OUT 3 (BNC): Composite video, 1.0Vp-p, 75, sync negative, w/wo character insertion
- Chrominance: Metal Particle Tape AM:More than 53dBMetal Particle Tape PM:More than 53dBOxide Tape AM:More than 50dBOxide Tape PM:More than 50dB
- Distortion T.H.D. (at 3% distortion level): Metal Particle Tape:Less than 1%Oxide Tape:Less than 2%
- Tape speed: 11.86cm/sec.
- Tape media used: Metal Particle Tape (MPT)Oxide Tape (OT)
- Playback time: More than 90 min. with BCT-90MLMore than 30 min. with BCT-30M
- Fast forward/rewind time: Less than 3 min. with BCT-90ML
- Search speed: Shuttle:19 steps, STILL to 24X normal, Fwd & Rev.Jog:Frame by frame, forward and reverse
- Color difference (50% modulation): Metal Particle Tape:30Hz to 1.5mhz(+0.5/-3.0)dBOxide Tape:30Hz to 1.5mhz(+0.5/-3.0)dB
- Signal to noise ratio (luminance component IN/OUT): Metal Particle Tape:More than 51dBOxide Tape:More than 48dB
- Differential gain: Metal Particle Tape:Less than 3%Oxide Tape:Less than 3%
- Differential phase: Metal Particle Tape:Less than 3Oxide Tape:Less than 3
- Y/C delay: Metal Particle Tape:Less than 20nsec.Oxide Tape:Less than 20nsec.
- Frequency response: Metal Particle Tape:50Hz to 15kHz (+1.5/-3.0)dBOxide Tape:50Hz to 15kHz (+3.0/-3.0)dB
- Signal to noise ratio (at 3% distortion level): Metal Particle Tape:More than 72dBOxide Tape:More than 50dB (Dolby NR off)
- Wow and flutter: Metal Particle Tape:Less than 0.1%rmsOxide Tape:Less than 0.1%rms
- REF Video In (BNC): 1.0Vp-p, 75ohms
- Component OUT 1 (12-pin male): Luminance:1.0Vp-p, 75, sync negativeColor difference:R-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75, B-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75
- Component OUT 2 (BNC x 3): Luminance:1.0Vp-p, 75, sync negativeColor difference:R-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75, B-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75
- Audio LINE OUT (XLR 3-pin male, CH1/2): +4dBu, 600, balanced
- Audio MONITOR OUT (XLR 3-pin male, CH1/2): +4dBu, 600, balanced
- U-matic DUB OUT (with an optional BKW-2020): Y: 1.7Vp-p, 51C: 0.9Vp-p, 51
- S-video OUT: Y: 1.0Vp-p, 75C: 0.286Vp-p (burst), 75
- Time code out (BNC): 1.2Vp-p, 75
- Other I/O: REMOTE IN/OUT9-pin, femaleTBC REMOTE15-pin, maleMONITOR8-pin, femaleHEADPHONESJM-60 headphone stereo jack
- Processor adjustment range: Video level3dBChroma level3dBSetup Level0 to +15 IREHue15System SC phase360p-pSystem sync phase+3 to -1sec.Y/C delay50 nsec.
- Power requirements: AC 90 to 265V, 48 to 64Hz
- Power consumption: 120W
- Storage temperature: -20C to 60C (-4F to 140F)
Additional Detailed Information:
FeaturesHigh speed picture searchBuilt-in time base corrector